Sport
- Sport
- World
- Insight
- Africa
- Business
- Life
- Opinion
- Staff Reporter
- Business & Technology
- Pauline Odhiambo
- Politics
- Charles Mgbolu
- Arts & Culture
- War On Gaza
- Business & Technology
- Guinness World Record For The Longest Chess
- Cryptocurrency Trading Platform
- Arts & Culture
- Sylvia Chebet
- The Record Attempt Kicked Off On April 17th
- Despite Efforts To Stop The Killings.
- Emmanuel Oduor
- Climate Change
- Semblance Of Security Returns
- Medicinal Plants
- Firmain Eric Mbadinga
- Kategori bulunamadı
- Nuri Aden
- Burna Boy Has Worked To Carve A Unique Space For Himself
- Dayo Yussuf
- Edward Qorro
- Sudan Begins Rebuild Of Khartoum Amid Devastating Civil War
- Chess Federation
- Millicent Akeyo
- From Onana To Kudus: African Stars Missing At Afcon
- Egypt Recorded 19 Million Tourists In 2025: Minister
- Brian Okoth
- Died At The Age Of 54
Talks scheduled for Sunday between the presidents of Rwanda and the Democratic Republic of Congo to end conflict in eastern DRC have been cancelled.
Talks due on Sunday between the leaders of Rwanda and the Democratic Republic of Congo to end conflict in the eastern DRC were called off, the Angolan presidency said.
"Contrary to what we expected, the summit will no longer be held today," the presidency's media officer Mario Jorge told journalists.
President Joao Lourenco – the African Union mediator to end the conflict – was meeting alone with DRC leader Felix Tshisekedi, Jorge said.
Rwandan President Paul Kagame had been expected at the meeting but it was not clear if he was in Angola.
Deadlock
There had been hopes the talks would reach an agreement to end conflict in the eastern DRC, where the Rwanda-backed M23 militia has seized swathes of territory, displacing thousands and triggering a humanitarian crisis.
The Congolese presidency said that negotiations had hit deadlock over a Rwandan demand that DRC hold direct dialogue with the M23 rebels.
➤Click here to follow our WhatsApp channel for more stories.
Comments
No comments Yet
Africa
Gabon suspends social media indefinitely
- 19 February 2026
- 10 Views
Guinea-Bissau halts controversial baby vaccine trial funded by Trump administration
- 18 February 2026
- 15 Views
Ghana evacuates its nationals injured in Burkina Faso terrorist attack
- 18 February 2026
- 14 Views
Gas blast at Nigeria mine kills 38, injures dozens
- 18 February 2026
- 13 Views
Latest News
Musulmai a Turkiyya, Oman, Singapore, da Ostiraliya za su fara azumin Ramadan a ranar Alhamis
- 19 February 2026
- 4 Views
L'architecture de sécurité de l'Europe "reste incomplète" sans la Türkiye, affirme Erdogan
- 19 February 2026
- 4 Views
Gabon suspends social media indefinitely
- 19 February 2026
- 10 Views
Mutum 38 sun mutu sakamakon wata fashewa a wajen haƙar ma'adanai a Jihar Filaton Nijeriya
- 19 February 2026
- 1 Views
Comment