Sport
- Sport
- World
- Insight
- Africa
- Business
- Life
- Opinion
- Staff Reporter
- Business & Technology
- Pauline Odhiambo
- Politics
- Charles Mgbolu
- Arts & Culture
- War On Gaza
- Business & Technology
- Guinness World Record For The Longest Chess
- Cryptocurrency Trading Platform
- Arts & Culture
- Sylvia Chebet
- The Record Attempt Kicked Off On April 17th
- Despite Efforts To Stop The Killings.
- Emmanuel Oduor
- Climate Change
- Semblance Of Security Returns
- Medicinal Plants
- Firmain Eric Mbadinga
- Kategori bulunamadı
- Nuri Aden
- Burna Boy Has Worked To Carve A Unique Space For Himself
- Dayo Yussuf
- Edward Qorro
- Sudan Begins Rebuild Of Khartoum Amid Devastating Civil War
- Chess Federation
- Millicent Akeyo
- From Onana To Kudus: African Stars Missing At Afcon
- Egypt Recorded 19 Million Tourists In 2025: Minister
- Brian Okoth
- Died At The Age Of 54
Nine civilians, including women and children, were killed in an attack on a vehicle in Mali's Segou region last week, a civil society group has said.
Nine civilians including women and children were killed in an attack on a vehicle in Mali's Segou region last week, a civil society group and a rebel coalition said late on Saturday, accusing the army and Russian mercenaries of being responsible.
The vehicle was travelling from the town of Niono to a refugee camp in Mauritania on Thursday when it came under fire, said Mohamed Elmaouloud Ramadane, spokesperson for the coalition of Tuareg groups that are fighting for an independent homeland in northern Mali.
He and local civil society association Kal Akal said Malian armed forces and allied fighters from Russia's Wagner private military contractor group had carried out the attack.
In a separate statement, the head of Kel Ansar, one of the largest Tuareg groups, called for an investigation but said Malian troops were not behind the bloodshed.
Wagner fighters
The Malian army did not respond to a request for comment. Wagner could not immediately be reached.
Wagner fighters have been in Mali since the army seized power in two coups in 2020 and 2021 and kicked out French and UN troops.
They have been supporting Malian forces in their battle against insurgents and the Tuareg separatists.
➤Click here to follow our WhatsApp channel for more stories.
Comments
No comments Yet
Africa
Erdogan: Israel's recognition of Somaliland benefits no one
- 18 February 2026
- 12 Views
Nigeria warns citizens against recruitment to fight abroad
- 17 February 2026
- 11 Views
Somalia to begin issuing East African Community passports
- 17 February 2026
- 19 Views
President Erdogan heads to Ethiopia in first visit in more than 10 years
- 17 February 2026
- 15 Views
Latest News
Turkiyya da sauran ƙasashen Musulmi sun soki matakin Isra’ila na ƙwace filaye a Gaɓar Yamma
- 18 February 2026
- 1 Views
Runway event in Banjul highlights Türkiye–Gambia ties
- 18 February 2026
- 1 Views
Za a fara azumin Ramadan na 2026 ranar Laraba a Saudiyya
- 18 February 2026
- 7 Views
Nigeria yaonya raia wake dhidi ya kujisajili kupigana vita nje ya nchi
- 18 February 2026
- 7 Views
Comment