Sport
- Sport
- World
- Insight
- Africa
- Business
- Life
- Opinion
- Staff Reporter
- Business & Technology
- Pauline Odhiambo
- Politics
- Charles Mgbolu
- Arts & Culture
- War On Gaza
- Business & Technology
- Guinness World Record For The Longest Chess
- Cryptocurrency Trading Platform
- Arts & Culture
- Sylvia Chebet
- The Record Attempt Kicked Off On April 17th
- Despite Efforts To Stop The Killings.
- Emmanuel Oduor
- Climate Change
- Semblance Of Security Returns
- Medicinal Plants
- Firmain Eric Mbadinga
- Kategori bulunamadı
- Nuri Aden
- Burna Boy Has Worked To Carve A Unique Space For Himself
- Dayo Yussuf
- Edward Qorro
- Sudan Begins Rebuild Of Khartoum Amid Devastating Civil War
- Chess Federation
- Millicent Akeyo
- From Onana To Kudus: African Stars Missing At Afcon
- Egypt Recorded 19 Million Tourists In 2025: Minister
- Brian Okoth
- Died At The Age Of 54
The African Development Bank will reportedly withdraw some of its workers from Ethiopia after an assault on employees in October 2023.
The African Development Bank (AfDB) will withdraw its international employees from Ethiopia following what it said was an assault on its staff members by government security forces, two sources familiar with the decision told Reuters on Tuesday.
The AfDB lodged a formal complaint with Ethiopian authorities last month, calling the physical assault and hours-long detention of two of its employees on October 31 a "very serious diplomatic incident."
The two sources were not aware of a timetable for the withdrawal of the Ethiopia-based employees.
Nor did they provide details on how the decision might affect the AfDB's operations in Ethiopia, where, according to the bank's website, it has eight projects worth a total of about $308 million.
Promised to investigate
An AfDB spokesperson did not immediately respond to a request for comment on the staff pull-out.
At the time of its formal complaint, the AfDB said the Ethiopian authorities had promised to investigate, and Ethiopia's Finance Minister Eyob Tekalign said his government regretted the incident.
➤Click here to follow our WhatsApp channel for more stories.
Comments
No comments Yet
Business
Ghana cocoa regulator set to lose $1.3 billion: Mahama
- 27 February 2025
- 454 Views
Mauritius shuts key airport as tropical storm approaches
- 27 February 2025
- 405 Views
DRC weighs cobalt export quotas to revive prices
- 26 February 2025
- 389 Views
Illegal connections affect Nigeria's gas exporting firm
- 25 February 2025
- 757 Views
Latest News
Zelensky : "Ils ne me pardonneront pas..."
- 18 February 2026
- 5 Views
Turquie ?? Partenariat énergétique stratégique
- 18 February 2026
- 7 Views
English Premier League to observe Ramadan breaks
- 18 February 2026
- 8 Views
US Disparition d’un géant des droits civiques
- 18 February 2026
- 1 Views
Comment